Thursday, November 30, 2017

sloshing around the shoe box

There is something to be said for preparation.

The more prepared one is, the more confidence one can have.

The less prepared one is, the more of a buffoon one can become.

With someone else, the two of us are MCing our company's Christmas Party, a week from Saturday. We are preparing.

A few with whom we've spoken have said that we shouldn't be too prepared as otherwise we may look too stiff. I know that my partner is keen on getting stuff down very clearly so that she has the confidence to do this.

I am more comfortable with not having things exactly planned out than she is, but I'm also okay getting it all laid out clearly.

Though; one idea I did have was to prepare some jokes that only I have prepared, and have her be the sound board of the jokes without her having prepared for it. So, as we meet to iron out all of the minute details; I will simply put 'joke' in the slot where I would say one.

No comments: