Monday, October 30, 2017

when baking cookies in the dryer lint trap

The city I live in has decided to mechanize the compost retrieval and so it has designated only two dates for leaf bag retrieval during the fall. The first of these was today.

So; this past weekend I raked five bags of leaves.

Previous to that; I used a mulcher to mulch the equivalent of three bags into the compost bin that the mechanized truck lifts robotically. A week from today is another regular pick up, so only mechanized, and then the week after is the second and last extra bag leaf pick up. So, this coming weekend I'll only rake/mulch the amount of leaves that corresponds to my city provided compost bin and then the weekend after I'll be raking the entirety of my front and back lawn.

Hopefully the weather cooperates; raking the leaves on rainy days doesn't work very well as the leaf bags end up getting extremely heavy due to all of the water absorbed by the leaves.

Given impending life changes this may be the last fall I do this.

Time will tell what will happen next.

Fall 2017 Leaf Bag Count: 8 bags.

No comments: