Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Regurgitatingly effervescent

Mixed metaphors have nothing to do with lint.

I scored INFP at a workshop this past Sunday, though I could easily fall into INTP also. I'm in between the two, having some of the characteristics of one and some of the other.

Going on vacation in January in the northern hemisphere is not as appealing as going on vacation in January in the southern hemisphere. Going on vacation in January leaving the northern hemisphere for the southern hemisphere is more appealing. Going on vacation in January leaving the southern hemisphere for the northern hemisphere is less appealing.

One of the characteristics from INFP that describes me is this: In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right.

One of the characteristics from INTP that describes me is this: INTPs minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them.

The descriptions above I took from here.

A friend of mine used the term 'laksadaisical'; I did not in the moment feel it would be right to correct her. That is probably the INFP response.

I got in trouble at work for coming up with a solution that was effective but not standard. That is definitely the INTP response.

At the workshop I noticed that the person sitting to my left, a facilitator at the event, had the same personality type as the room was polled, as I do. She indicated that pattern recognition is a common trait of INFPs and she pointed out to me that I was recognizing a pattern. Note that above I pasted that INTP seeks patterns; INFPs recognize patterns.

Our family just bought a Fiat 500L. We are getting it today.

Telepathy as a knee-jerk reaction to using the wrong colour of masking tape made Henry livid.

1 comment:

Debstar said...

I guess I fit the Nurturer and Caregiver. As a wife and mother I guess this is hardly surprising.