Thursday, April 12, 2012

image

The flight from YUL to YVR was uneventful. Got to watch 'The Help' and 'Green Lantern'.

I was hoping to hook up with two Vancouverites while waiting in YVR, but that didn't work out. This airport is quite nice for what it has in it, including this:

Note that you can click on any of the images to make them bigger.

And this:

And a few others I didn't photograph.

The flight from YVR to SYD was long, and the screen in the seat back in front of me that is for my viewing pleasure was not operational. I asked them to fix it on two separate occasions but they did not have the know how to do it - they tried resetting it but that didn't help. On the flight from SYD to YVR, if when I sit I find that it isn't working, I will insist on changing seats.

The Sydney airport was quite plain, or at least the parts of it that I was in, so I didn't photograph anything there. The flight from SYD to OOL was uneventful and short, Deb met me at the airport and we went touring a little bit. Drive here and there, walk here and there, it was quite nice. I took the photos below and will caption those that I can remember. Oh, you'll note that the top right corner has a dark spot, this is because my lovely daughter V-8 'played' with the camera rendering the lens cover somewhat incapacitated. Maybe it is time for a new camera.

This first one included the first surfers I saw.



This is a view of Surfers Paradise from Burleigh Head National Park.

The next three photos are from a walk we did.



After the walk, Deb had prepared a small snack lunch so we sat at a picnic table and ate. As soon as we sat down we had these visitors keeping a watchful eye on anything we might drop.

So far it has been a very pleasant visit. It has been especially fun doing all of the Canada vs Australia comparisons. Snow, winter, chips, boot, driving on what side of the road, roundabouts, ridiculous political decisions and spending...

No comments: